Subscribe to the Lowrey Little Blog for Email updates whenever I add a Post

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rainbow Explosions

We made rainbow Volcano explosions!
Ingredients Needed:
Baking soda
Dawn Dish soap
Vinegar
food coloring or liquid water colors
Kool aid if you want it to smell super exciting too
I wanted the color to be hidden so first I poured some baking soda in the bottom of each glass than I added a squirt of dawn dish soap so the bubbles would be extra frothy.
I then covered each with a big heap of baking soda
The boys grabbed their bottles of vinegar and started squirting
Pretty soon they got some awesome colorful bubbles
After the colors came out and the vinegar was all gone the fun continued
It became about catching bubbles and finding baking soda clumps to squeeze and squish between their fingers
Mixing colors and scooping and pouring
I love that they were engaged for a full forty minutes playing with this
They had so much fun. And my cups and the container were super clean afterwards. The dawn, vinegar, and baking soday made everything shine and sparkle when I rinsed it all out!

0 comments: