Subscribe to the Lowrey Little Blog for Email updates whenever I add a Post

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crayon Melt

This was our first attempt


Well I loved the first one so much I decided to go a bit further and do the kids names. I used standard painters tape. I did not measure or anything I just eye balled it. I was not going for perfection
You can see it turned out awesome!

Mikey's was pretty cool too

What I learned:
1. Direct the heat to the center of the crayon.
2. New crayons seemed to melt much faster then my old crayons...not sure why something to think about though.
3. If you are doing a name, shape etc. with tape press down firmly so that the crayon doesn't get under the tape.
4. If you are doing letters you will need to make sure the crayon goes around the letters completely before getting the cool build up. The crayon for some reason was not getting to all the edges of the letters no matter how hard we tried to direct it. So to help it along I took an extra crayon in one hand and the hair dryer in the the other hand and melted the crayon around the letters to create an outline once the outline was there the dripping crayons up top started going in the right direction.

0 comments: